Welcome to episode 13 of the Fulfilled Mama Podcast. I’m super excited to be here with you in the new year. So, in this episode, I want to talk to you about multitasking. Very early on when we had our first baby, I took her to work with me, I was a practicing attorney, and my husband and I were not able to bill at the same time. That is when I began to really think about this whole multitasking thing. But, we found out very quickly that multitasking doesn’t work for us very well at that point.
Research shows that multitasking is not good for us and is not healthy for our brain. It makes me feel stressed out and asking myself why am I doing this to myself? I thought about this when I was making Christmas cookies and fudge, and the mixer I used needed to be used to make both of these; why would I stop to scoop the halfway mixed cookie batter out of the mixer to mix the fudge when it would be so much more efficient to finish the cookie batter then make the fudge. How stupid is this for me to do this why do we do it with our day to day tasks? So make it a New Year’s resolution for 1 week to single-task, and when you catch yourself multitasking STOP and go back to a single task. My life has been changed when I single task! You’ll be able to be more present with your work, kids, etc.. Try it for yourself for just one week and narrow down your focus and leave us a posting on our Fulfilled Mama Facebook Group on how well this worked for you.
Here are some of the highlights:
- [1.38] Multitasking, we all love to multitask, early on when we had our first baby and she came to work with me.
- [2.16] Joke with my husband that I could multitask while I was nursing, listening to podcasts, and working all at the same time.
- [2.39] Multitasking is not so good for us and I find that I am doing a bad job on all the things, I start to feel overwhelmed.
- [3.36] Constant switching back and forth is like self-induced overwhelm!
- [3.45] Making Christmas cookie example while making fudge, how inefficient it would be.
- [4.50] It doesn’t make any sense when we use our brain to do more than one thing at a time.
- [5.25] Make it a New Year’s resolution for 1 week to single-task.
- [7.25] I mess things up when I try to do too many things at once, how do you do when you do try to do too many things at once, and you can post your findings in our Fulfilled Mama Facebook group
- [8.10] Focus on one thing at a time challenge reminder, share with friends and share on iTunes so that more people can share the goodness of this podcast.
This can be your reality!
Sign up for your free Fulfilled Mama Breakthorough Session here:
Get your FREE Time Creation Toolkit here: